Woman to Woman is the fifth by American recording artist. It was released on November 19, 2012, by. The album was recorded between 2011 and 2012 and features guest vocals from,,, Elijah Blake and.
Woman to Woman received generally positive reviews from music critics, who complimented Cole's vocal performances, with some critics calling it "angrily defiant" and "consistently good" and praised it as an "R&B almanac of shaky romance." Other critics found the album to be similar to that of. The album debuted at number ten on the US chart, with first week sales of 96,000 copies.
Background and concept
Cole started work on her fifth album in early 2011, after releasing her unsuccessful fourth album in December 2010.Woman to Woman is Cole's first album without mentor and executive, following his departure from.Cole described the album as a "return to her roots" and a dedication to "her ladies". On a visit to 's she told her fans, “I took myself out of the equation this time around and I focused on my fans, just make sure that they’re gonna be happy.”. Despite touching on subjects similar to previous records, Cole was adamant that Woman to Woman would be different. On her official page she wrote, "I'm in love with these songs I've recorded. REAL TALK".Woman to Woman is named for the title track, a duet that Cole recorded with.Cole appeared on BET's 106 & Park on August 1, 2012, to reveal that Woman to Woman would be arriving in Fall 2012 alongside Cole's new reality TV show.
On January 17, 2011, Cole tweeted "Would like for u guys to know that is no longer my management." followed by "Someone said if the people around u won't change, change the people around you." This happened shortly after the decline of opening week sales of Cole's album Calling All Hearts. She also disclosed that recent business disagreements played a part in their split. This was Cole's first album to be released without Halley, as he stayed with her from the beginning of her career. The two reconnected in 2013.
"I am trying my hardest for this album to help them get over the bull that they go through with these guys even though I’m not experiencing it at this moment. I want to be supportive and understanding and caring to my fans as well."
— Keyshia Cole, JET Magazine.
Recording primarily took place at Geffen headquarters and in. Material was also recorded at. Other recording sessions took place in and, including Cole's home studio. In early 2011, Cole started production in early stages working with producers,, Earl Powell and, along with.Cole also collaborated with Sak Pase. More producers for the album include, T-Minus, DJ Camper, and Carlos McKinney. The album is produced by Cole, G Roberson, among others from.
Cole worked with Elijah Blake, formerly known as Redd Stylez on the lead single, "". Among those artists with featured vocals on are Ashanti, who appears on the title track "Woman to Woman", on "Zero", Elijah Blake on "Wonderland", providing backing vocals on "Next Move", and who appears on the album's first single "Enough of No Love". The song "I Choose You" was first recorded by and then by, both of whom rejected the song.
Titling and artwork
The album title, Woman to Woman, comes from Cole's decision to speak especially to females with this album. She is encouraging ladies who are in bad relationships, as she once was. On October 11, 2012, Keyshia posted the photos for the standard and deluxe editions. When asked about the album cover, Cole stated "It's literally me taking my face off. I have to for a second step outside of myself. The pain I've experience and the things I've been through, you don't forget."
Release and promotion
Woman to Woman was first expected to be released in early fall. However, more recording and production pushed the release to November 19 comprising standard, deluxe, deluxe, and deluxe versions. On October 9, 2012, the album's official promotional ad premiered during a commercial break for the series premiere of with an extended version premiering on November 13, 2012.
"" is the album's. It is a mid-tempo song featuring artist Lil Wayne. It was sent to radio and released for digital download on July 3, 2012. The song was written by Redd Stylez and Cole and was produced by Harmony with a mid-tempo production. It peaked at number seven on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart. On August 9, 2012, the song debuted at number 94 on the Billboard Hot 100 where it ultimately peaked at number 84.
"" is the album's second single. It is a heartfelt ballad written by R&B duo The Righterz and was produced by DJ Camper. "Trust and Believe" was released for digital download on October 22, 2012 and again on November 13, 2012. On October 24, it was ranked the number one added song to Urban radio of the week.
Cole announced on her official Twitter account that "" will be the album's third single. It was sent to urban radio on August 23, 2013. The music video for the song was filmed in August 2013. It was directed by Ethan Lader. The video displays a story of Cole in love with two men, but unable to let one go. Cole appeared on BET's on October 2, 2013 for the world premiere of the video. The video premiered on later that evening.
On October 13, 2012, Cole performed "Trust and Believe" at the Awards. The show aired on on November 4, 2012. On November 17, 2012, Cole performed in Chicago at WGCI’s Big Jam 2012 alongside,,, and Future. Cole performed "Enough of No Love" and "Trust and Believe". On November 20, 2012 Cole and Ashanti performed "Woman to Woman" at in New York CityCole performed "Enough of No Love" and "Trust and Believe" at the 2012, which premiered on November 26, 2012. On March 18, 2013, Cole performed "Trust and Believe" on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
In an interview with the, Cole revealed that she was planning a tour called the for 2013. "I want to do a “Woman to Woman” tour. I want powerful singers, Brandy, possibly, Melanie Fiona, possibly. Just singers that can really blow but also have some things and records out right now." says Cole. "We’re working that out right now, so that could be a February–March." The Woman to Woman Tour started on March 28, 2013 at the in Westbury, New York and ended on April 21, 2013 at the in visiting 18 North American venues, featuring and as supporting artists.
Woman to Woman received generally positive reviews from. At, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 78, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on five reviews. Ben Ratliff of states, "Woman to Woman, Ms. Cole's fifth album, is an R&B almanac of shaky romance, nearly every song a first-person narrative with gnarled details, endlessly recombining data about suspicion, jealousy, pride, punishment, self-respect, the led-up, the aftermath."
Mark Edward Nero of rated the album 4.5 stars out of 5 labeling it as "angrily defiant" and "consistently good".’s Andy Kellman gave the album 4 out of 5 starts stating "Although women are rarely addressed directly, Cole makes music for women dealing with a wide variety of emotionally painful romantic issues" while informing that this is "among her best work." Rick Florino of gave the album a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars saying "Cole's got that timeless talent and presence that make for essential records, and that's exactly what 'Woman to Woman' is."Embrace You Magazine gave a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars saying "‘‘Woman to Woman’’ reigns in maturity, depth, and solidity, and Keyshia’s voice is sounding more passionate than ever." R&B website ThisIsRnB.com gave a rating of 4 out of 5 stars stating "Back to her signature sound on emotional heavy ballads such as the new single, '', she is reminding fans why they fell in love with her back in 2005." Steve Jones of nationwide magazine rated the album 3 out of 4 stars calling Cole a "feisty soul singer" saying that it's "a conversation that women might actually have and that men might want to be aware of."
The album debuted at number ten on the selling 96,000 copies in its first week in the United States, becoming Cole's fifth consecutive top ten album. In its second week, the album fell to number fifteen, where it sold 37,100 copies. In its third week, the album fell eleven spots to number twenty-six, selling 28,600 copies.
Track listing1. "" (featuring ), Harmony Samuels, Sean Fenton, 3:49 2. "Zero" (featuring ) Cole, Vidal Davis, Tyler Williams, Guordan Banks, Jessyca Wilson,, 4:08 3. "Missing Me" Cole,, Fenton 3:41 4. "" Cole, Darhyl Camper, Jr., Wilson, Banks Darhyl "DJ" Camper, Jr. 4:16 5. "Get It Right" Cole, Melvin Hough II, Rivelino Wouter, Banks, Wilson, E. Noel 3:50 6. "Woman to Woman" (featuring ) Cole,, Frederick Taylor, Earl Powell, Walter English III, Frederick "Toxic" Taylor, Powell, English III 3:55 7. "Wonderland" (featuring Elijah Blake) Cole, Jerry Duplessis, Fenton, Wilson, Banks, Arden Altino, Akene Dunkley, Olivier Castelli, Arden "Keys" Altino (co.), Akene "The Champ" Dunkley (co.), Olivier "Akos" Castelli (co.) 3:53 8. "", Fenton, Lundon Knighten, Cole Splash 4:49 9. "Stubborn" Cole, Rodney Jerkins, Paul Dawson, Fenton, 4:20 10. "Hey Sexy" new keyshia cole photos Cole,, Carlos McKinney 3:57 11. "Next Move" (featuring ) Cole, Roosevelt Harrell, David Balfour, Wilson, Banks 4:35 12. "Signature" Cole, Ryan Williamson, Banks, Wilson Ryan "Rykeyz" Williamson 4:08 Total length: 49:19 1. "" (featuring ), Harmony Samuels, Sean Fenton, Harmony "H-Money" Samuels 3:49 2. "Zero" (featuring ) Cole, Vidal Davis, Tyler Williams, Guordan Banks, Jessyca Wilson,, 4:08 3. "Missing Me" Cole,, Fenton Hudson 3:41 4. "" Cole, Darhyl Camper, Jr., Wilson, Banks Darhyl "DJ" Camper, Jr. 4:16 5. "Get It Right" Cole, Melvin Hough II, Rivelino Wouter, Banks, Wilson, E. Noel Mel & Mus 3:50 6. "Woman to Woman" (featuring ) Cole,, Frederick Taylor, Earl Powell, Walter English III, Frederick "Toxic" Taylor, Powell, English III 3:55 7. "Wonderland" (featuring Elijah Blake) Cole, Jerry Duplessis, Fenton, Wilson, Banks, Arden Altino, Akene Dunkley, Olivier Castelli, Arden "Keys" Altino (co.), Akene "The Champ" Dunkley (co.), Olivier "Akos" Castelli (co.) 3:53 8. "I Choose You", Fenton, Lundon Knighten, Cole Splash 4:49 9. "Stubborn" Cole, Rodney Jerkins, Paul Dawson, Fenton, 4:20 10. "Hey Sexy" Cole,, Carlos McKinney 3:57 11. "Forever" Cole, T. Williams,, T-Minus 2:42 12. "Next Move" (featuring Robin Thicke) Cole, Harrell, Balfour, Wilson, Banks Bink! 4:35 13. "Who's Gonna Hold Me Down" Cole, Harrell, Banks, Wilson, I. Hayes Bink! 3:58 14. "Why Lie" Cole, Dru Castro, Ebong Castro, Uforo "TAKTIX" Ebong 3:49 15. "Signature" Cole, Williamson, Banks, Wilson Rykeyz 4:08 Total length: 59:47 16. "I Can't Make You Love Me" Betty Wright, Greg Curtis Greg Curtis 3:53 17. "Wonder" Cole, Banks, Wilson, 4:26
Credits taken from the official album booklet.
- Keyshia Cole Gibson –
- Jordan Feldstein – management
- Ashley Fox –
- Shawn Holiday – management
- G. Roberson – executive producer
- Jean Nelson –
- Elijah Blake – additional A&R
- Jessyca Wilson – additional A&R
- Guordan Banks – additional A&R
- Sarah Alminawi – Geffen A&R coordinator
- Akeem Hooker – Geffen A&R coordinator
- Tunji Balogun – Interscope A&R coordinator
- Ernest Dukes – talent liaison
- Keyshia Cole – vocals, background vocals
- Guordan Banks – background vocals
- Sean "Elijah Blake" Fenton – background vocals
- – background vocals
- Jessyca Wilson – background vocals
- Ashanti – background vocals
- Tiyon "TC" Mack – background vocals
- Terius "" Nash – background vocals
- Eric Hudson – drums
- Andrew Clifton – drums
- Earl Powell – keyboards
- Walter English III – keyboards
- Jannina Norpoth – violin
- Carlos "Los" McKinney – keyboards
- Ryan Viti – guitar
- Andre "Dre" bowman – bass guitar
- Harmony a.k.a. "H-Money" – production
- Vidal Davis – production
- Tyler "T-Minus" Williams – production
- Eric Hudson – production
- Darhyl "DJ" Camper, Jr. – production
- Guordan Banks – production
- Fredrick "Toxic" Taylor – production
- Walter English III – production
- Melvin "Mel" Hough – production
- Rivlino "Mus" Wouter – production
- Jerry "Wonda" Duplessis – production
- Arden "Keyz" Altino – production
- Akene "The Champ" Dunkley – production
- Olivier "Akos" Castelli – production
- Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins – production
- Paul "Hollywood Hotsauce" Dawson – production
- Jack Splash – production
- Kuk Harrell – vocal production
- Carlos "Los" McKinney – production
- Bink! Humble Monsta – production
- Dru Castro – production
- Uforo "TAKTIX" Ebong – production
- Ryan "Rykez" Williamson – production
- Brian White – Engineer
- David Nakaji – Engineer
- Jaycen Joshua –
- ^ a..com. 2011-10-14. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ^. Rap-Up.com. 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- . Rap-Up.com. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ^. Rap-Up.com. 2012-03-15. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- . Billboard.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- . SandraRose.com. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- . Brittney M. Walker. September 30, 2011. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- . HipHopDX.com. January 3, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- . Rap-Up.com. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- . Only-Keyshia.com. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- . Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- . Billboard. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- . Interscope Records. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- . Retrieved October 26, 20212. Check date values in: |accessdate= ()
- Kennedy, Gerrick D. (November 19, 2012).. Los Angeles Times.
- ^. About.com.
- ^ Florino, Rick (November 21, 2012).. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- ^ Kellman, Andy (November 19, 2012).... Retrieved November 25, 2011.
- ^ Jones, Steve (November 20, 2012).... Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Ratliff, Ben (November 19, 2012).... Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Caulfield, Keith (November 28, 2012).. Billboard. Los Angeles. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Langhone, Cyrus (December 5, 2012).. Sohh.com. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- . SOHH.com. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- . SOHH.com. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- ^.. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- ^. Amazon.com. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- ^. (US).. 2012-11-19. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- ^. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- .. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- .. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
Download salman khan photos
Canon photo printer app
Time travel with photons
Dublin horse show photos
Book fotografico roma prezzi
Robert pattinson photos download
Satellite photos of gulf of mexico
Como cambiar el color delos ojos en una foto