Personalized Jewelry Affiliate Program
How to Become a Jewelry Affiliate
If you have a website devoted to jewelry, fashion, or style, becoming a jewelry affiliate can be a lucrative business with low start-up costs. As an affiliate, you can earn a commission by posting reviews to encourage your readers to buy the jewelry. It is important, however, that you choose a reputable, quality company that will give you a decent commission for each sale. Quality content will boost traffic to your website and increase the number of products you sell. Soon, you may have a little extra income on the side.
Choosing an Affiliate Program
Set up your website or blog.If you do not already have a website, you will need to start one. Affiliate programs work through advertisements, referral links, and reviews posted on websites. Create a website that is either about jewelry or about topics related to jewelry, such fashion, gifts, or romance.
Decide what type of jewelry you will promote.You will need to determine what type of jewelry your website's audience will be most likely to buy. Consider the age, gender, lifestyle, and income brackets of your readers. Then try to find a few companies that fit that demographic.
- If your blog is about crafts, do-it-yourself lifestyles, or natural living, you might want to promote handmade jewelry.
- If your website is about romance or weddings, you might promote engagement rings, heart-shaped pendants, or push presents.
- If your readers are interested in trendy jewelry, research what the latest styles and fads are.
Pick a quality jeweler that you trust.Start with brands whose jewelry you already wear. Read reviews to make sure they don’t have many complaints about quality or customer service. While you won't be held liable, your website could get a bad reputation if it promotes a low quality company.
- It is a good idea to only promote jewelry that you have tested and worn yourself. This will let you be certain of its quality so that you can write honest reviews.
Compare the commissions at various companies.Commission rates generally vary between 4% and 12% of the product’s cost.Some retailers may increase the commission for more expensive items, or they may have tiers where high-selling affiliates earn more than low-selling ones.
- Most of the time, the commission rate will be posted on the brand's website. If it isn't, contact their marketing department to ask.
- Consider how much the jewelry costs when factoring in the commission. You may earn more money on a more expensive item than a cheaper item, even if the commission is slightly lower.
Applying for a Program
Follow the guidelines on their website.In most cases, you will have to fill out an application online through the company's website. They may want your contact information, website, and details about how you will promote their product.
- You can search for this page on their website by looking for a link that says "Affiliate Program" or "Become an Affiliate."
Read their contract thoroughly.Either during or after the application process, you will be sent a list of terms that you must agree to before becoming an affiliate. Read through it carefully to understand what you can and cannot do as an affiliate.
- Some companies may not allow you to promote their competitor's jewelry on your website.
Add banners and links for the jewelry to your website.Once you are approved, you will receive a special link to post on your blog. In some cases, you may even get an HTML code for a banner. When people click this link and buy the product, you will earn a commission.
- Posting the link is the most important part. If you readers buy the item without clicking the link, you will not earn a commission.
- Some companies will count any purchase made by your readers within 30 days of them clicking on your link.
Write a review of the product.Choose a particular piece of jewelry to review from their collection. Write about its quality, construction, and style. Include pictures of the jewelry. Always remember to post the affiliate link in your reviews so that your readers can purchase it after reading your glowing praise.
- Remember to state whether you recommend the product or not. For example, you can say, "If you want a trendy summer necklace, I highly recommend this statement piece from ABC jewelry."
- Always be honest in your reviews. If something is poorly made, say so. This will build trust in your readers, and they will be more likely to believe your positive reviews.
Maximizing Your Profits
Choose only a few good brands to represent.Too many products advertised on your website might overwhelm your readers. It is best to stick with a few trusted brands to advertise at any one time.
Increase traffic at your site.As you join affiliate programs, try to attract new readers by promoting your website. The best way to do this is to provide engaging content that keep them coming back for more. You can also:
- Collect emails to create a mailing list, which you can use to update your readers on new articles. You can also use emails to promote affiliate links.
- Attract new traffic with ads on social media or post links to your reviews on your social media page.
- Become a guest blogger on another website devoted to jewelry. Post your website's URL at the end of the article to bring in new readers.
Create interesting and diverse content.Reviews are not the only type of content you can create to encourage people to buy from your affiliates. Try coming up with different types of articles and content that promotes their products.
- You can compare different types of jewelry to help readers make a decision. For example, you might write: “Gold versus silver: the pros and cons.”
- Try making top ten lists. For example, you might write, “The Ten Best Necklaces to Wear to Work” or “The Top Ten Wedding Rings.”
- You don’t just have to write articles either. Videos are a great way of showing off jewelry while bringing in new viewers.
Track your sales.Most affiliate programs will let you see how well you are selling certain products. This service will usually be offered through your affiliate portal on their website. See which types of products are selling the best. In the future, you might want to focus more on those types.
- For example, if you find that you are not selling as much high-end jewelry, you might want to focus more on moderately priced jewelry.
- If you’re selling many charm bracelets, you might focus some of your content on unique and special charms.
- If a certain brand is not attracting buyers, you might want to drop it.
Video: Looking for affiliates to help sell Ford Jewelry and Accessories
Meghan Markle’s latest evening dress might be our fave yet
Gerascofobia: y si tu mayor miedo fuera envejecer
The 10 Dos And Donts Of Winter Weddings
Eat this: Quark
These Organic Products Aren’t Worth the Hype, SayDermatologists
This 30-Second Garlic Peeling Trick Makes Cooking So Much Easier
The Jewellery Brands You Need to Know Before Your Friends Do
How to Treat Pitchers Arm
Mel B Opens Up About Her Attempted Suicide in 2014
10 Notoriously Difficult Menswear Pieces (And How To Wear Them)
Royal Christening Details: Prince George Christened at St. James’s Palace
Rawabis water became a political football