Herb Scalloped Potatoes | The Vegan Test Kitchen
Herbed Potatoes Au Gratin
"This rich, creamy side is incredibly versatile. At Easter I add thyme and parsley, and at Christmas I use rosemary and serve it with prime rib. I like the chunky potatoes better than the traditional thinly sliced ones, plus they're easier to prep." — Ree Drummond
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a bare simmer. Add the cream cheese and cook, stirring, until melted, about 3 minutes; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and thyme.
- Place the potatoes in the prepared baking dish and pour the milk mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and cover tightly with nonstick foil.
- Place the baking dish on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes more. Let rest for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with chives before serving, if desired.
Video: Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
Exercises to Help Manage Afib
How To Care For Every Item In Your Closet: 101Tips
Salt Wars: How Low is Too Low for Sodium Intake
7Things That Can Change Your Eye Color
Why Do I Have Tinnitus The Causes, Explained
How to Make Tuna Lasagne
What are the differences between hot and cold Sensitivity
How to Officially Have a Crush on Someone
Anna Kendrick Confirms She’s Returning For Pitch Perfect 3 With This Aca-Mazing Selfie
A Top Dermatologist Shares Her Secrets for Perfect Skin
Forbes Has Released Its Top Influencers 2019 List and These Are The Winners In the Beauty Fitness Categories
Editors Picks: 13 Uplifting Spring Beauty Buys